All law students will need to access the SCU-Student network for wireless access. If you get "quarantined" while trying to log in, all Mac & PC computers are now required to have an "Anti-Virus software" & "Safe Connect Policy Key Policy" installed to access the SCU network.
*If you have the old SCU Symantec software (Yellow Shield), you will need to uninstall it.
** We highly recommend the licensed version of Sophos for SCU students.
*** If you still cannot get to the Internet after install AV and think you have been flagged as network "quarantined," then please contact the IT Service Center at 408-55-5700. You may be asked to stop by their service center which is located in the main campus library and learning commons.
- Connect to SCU-Student by using the password gosantaclara .
- Launch Chrome/Firefox/IE and go to an external site like water.org .
- If you get redirected to "Safe Connect Policy Key Installer" page, then you must install it!
- Visit an external site again like water.org to get redirected to a SCU login prompt
- Enter your SCU Network Credentials (Camino/eCampus login and your password; or SCU Gmail address without "@scu.edu" and your password). Once you have logged in successfully to SCU-Student with SafeConnect, then you are authenticated to use SCU network and its network resources.
To get more information on getting connected at SCU, visit Central IT's networking page.