Examsoft Softest sometimes has issues with swapping back to your original desktop profile. You will need to seek assistance from a technical support staff after ending an exam if this happens. Also, you can contact Examsoft support (866-429-8889), and they can walk you through a process to get your original desktop back.
However, in order to avoid the "black screen" for windows 7/8/10 for next time you take your exam, then do the following before and after each exam:
Before the start of your exam
- Disable your anti-virus program.
- Shutdown any programs running on your desktop. (NOTE: For limited or semi-secure exams, only have a few open applications, i.e. notes, local e-book, etc.)
- Start Examsoft Softest as usual.
After the end of your exam
- Make sure that Examsoft has fully exited and has reverted back to your original desktop profile.
- Check to see if Examsoft Softest can upload your exam successfully and if not, reboot your computer and try again.
- Enable your Anti-virus program.
- Start Examsoft Softest if it hasn't already done so.
- Check to see if Examsoft Softest can upload your exam successfully and your desktop is back to normal.