We're excited that you will be joining the Law School Community soon and congratulate you on being accepted to Santa Clara University School of Law.
If you did not receive a notification email from SCU, please contact SCU Onestop at 408-551-1000. If your eCampus password is not working or needs to be reset, then contact University IT Services at 408-554-5700.
It is important the you know that you are in good standing with Santa Clara University before you start your academic year. For first year law and transfer students, everything starts by making sure you can log into eCampus (SCU registration) and then gather important information to setup your official SCU email address and MySCU portal.
If your eCampus password is not working or needs to be reset, then pleasecontact University IT Services at 408-554-5700.
Before you even set foot on campus, you can get most of your online tools configured and ready....
|July 2020 UPDATE: |
Santa Clara Law School has decided that all classes will be now be online for Fall 2020
|So, if you didn't receive an email notification in your personal email address detailing how to access your newly created eCampus account, then immediately contact SCU OneStop 408-554-1000 or visit their SCU OneStop site.|
|So you've gotten the email notification from SCU about your eCampus account...|
1. Go online, login into eCampus. Use your eCampus userid and initial password. NOTE: If your initial password does not work, then contact SCU IT Computing Services for assistance and/or reset your eCampus password.
2. It is important that you change your eCampus password once you are able to login with your eCampus UserID and initial password. Also, test your new password by logging out and then logging back in using your newly created eCampus password. You can review the eCampus login help page.
3. You now gather the important information needed to setup your MySCU (student portal), Official SCU Email address, Learning Management System (Camino) account, Zoom portal, etc.
Review the section "Gmail login help," step 4 of the eCampus login help page and gather your SCU Electronic Info.
SCU Electronic info, i.e network resource account that allows you to setup MySCU portal, access your official SCU email, Camino portal, Zoom portal, etc.
|You successfully logged into eCampus, changed your eCampus password, and gathered your SCU Electronic info (aka network account credentials). You can now login/setup your MySCU portal so you can access all the applications that you need for classes, in-person or remote.|
1. Visit, MySCU Portal single sign-on page, https://www.scu.edu/login
2. Enter your network account ID and intial password that was gathered from eCampus. MySCU portal will ask you to change your password and also setup up other security measures. Once you have successfully logged into MySCU portal, you can check out,
G Suite (Official SCU Email inbox)
Camino (Class/Course materials)
Courseavail (Class/Course schedule planner)
EAAccounts (Access Office)
|You are well on your way to your first day of Law School. Please keep in mind that if you need help with any Santa Clara University network accounts like eCampus, MySCU, Camino, etc. then,|
visit SCU Technology Page first
or call 408-554-5700
Also, the Law Technology help desk is here to help you as well. You can always create a ticket at lawhelpdesk.scu.edu or call 408-554-5762
|But wait, there's more...|
Bonus installs at the end of Preparing for Orientation Part I. See Part II as well.