103 Classroom (left)
102 Classroom (right)
This room in Charney Hall functions as an event space, classroom, and moot court. It can be divided to function as two classrooms or combined as an event space.
Technology in the classroom:
Desktop PC and Mac
Laptop Connection (VGA, HDMI)
8 microphones (4 lapel and 4 handhelds) which are available for checkout
Video Conferencing using Zoom or Skype
Four Ceiling Monitors
Moot Court Mode - Setup for Moot Court
Maximum Size (when combined): 230 people
Maximum Size (when divided): 115 each side
Combined Mode (when partition is up)
When room is combined. The touch panel in 103 is the master control panel.
Divided Mode (when partition is down)
To power on the system, press the power button at the home screen. This will power on the system and lower the projection screen.
This will select the desktop you'd like to use in the classroom
You are able to play Bluray or DVD discs. The Bluray Control screen will provide you with c ontrol for common functions such as play, rewind, fast-forward, and stop.
All our classrooms are equipped with Apple TV. Look for the room on your Apple Device then input the password on the projector screen to connect.
VGA and HDMI connections are provided at the instructors podium. The system will automatically select HDMI or VGA based on the cable connected.
Control volume levels in the room.
This is used to control and adjust the camera for both classroom capture and video conferencing. The camera selected is what is used for capture. You can select between two cameras. Program
Volume control for the entire classroom.
This will blank out the projector. Tap to toggle on/off.
This will allow to control the lighting in the room.
Audio/Camera/Bluray/Apple TV Control
This will show you the control options for each source.
Please remember to shut off the system after you are done using the room. This is done by tapping System Off. When prompted, please tap Yes.
Is there a computer?
- Yes. You can find a PC and Mac in the room. Use your SCU login to log into the computer.
Can I connect my laptop to the projector?
- Yes. You can use the HDMI or VGA cable in the room to connect your laptop to the projector.
Can I play DVDs?
- Yes. You can use the Blu-ray player in the room to play DVDs or Blu-rays.
How do I use the Apple TV in the room ?
- Please see this tutorial on how to connect your Apple device to Apple TV.
How do I schedule a class recording?
- If you need a class recorded, please contact our help desk at email@example.com or create a ticket with your class name, room, start and stop time at lawhelpdesk.scu.edu.
How can I be trained on how to use the technology?
- If you need in person training, please schedule a training with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by creating a ticket with your request at lawhelpdesk.scu.edu.
Where can I checkout a wireless microphone?
- Wireless microphones are available at the library circulation desk on the second floor of Charney Hall. You will need your access card and classroom number to checkout the microphone.
How do I control the lights?
- There is a light touchscreen panel located in the entrance of the classroom. It looks like this.
How do I control the shades?
- The shade control in this room is located in the front of the classroom. This is what it looks like.
How do I schedule the room for special events?
- If you are looking at scheduling this room for a special event, please contact the Dean’s Office.
What is assistive listening?
- Assistive listening is a device that allows those of hard of hearing to hear what the instructor is saying in the room. It’s a set of headphones tied to a receiver in the room. If you have students that are hard of hearing and need to use this device, please contact us at email@example.com or create a ticket at lawhelpdesk.scu.edu. There is a limit of two devices per room.
Who do I contact if I run into issues?
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or create a ticket at lawhelpdesk.scu.edu. Please be as descriptive as possible and note the room you were in.
What are your support hours?
- Please see our website for our current support hours.
How do I change the temperature in the room?
- There is no thermostat in the room. If you need the temperature adjusted in the room, please send a request to email@example.com.
How can I stream an outside speaker into my class?
- Zoom or Skype would allow you to bring a remote guest speaker into your class. Please see the following on how to do so. If you would like training, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or create a ticket at lawhelpdesk.scu.edu.
Anything special about this room I should know?
- This functions as both a classroom and event space divided by a partition. If you need the partition brought up, we have the key available for checkout at our help desk. Please see our website for our current hours. If it is a weekend event, please make sure to request to have the partition raised up the Friday before your event as there are no weekend hours.
- Since it is an event space, you have more options in regards to wireless microphone configurations. For example, if you have a panel of four for an event, we can setup four wireless or wired microphones in the room for your panel. For more information on events in Panelli, please see here.
Are there power outlets in the room for students?
- Yes. There are outlets found at each desk.